The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Start Click Track in New Location
Old 3 weeks ago
Exclamation Start Click Track in New Location

Hi all,
Not sure why this is taking me so long to figure out. I'm trying to line-up this track in ProTools 11, but I want to start the click track over in a new location (Pictured).
You can see at 65|1|000 there is about 0|0|081 of space between the transient which represents the "1" beat of the upcoming measure.
The rest of the song is sync with the click up until this point.
I would like the meter to line up without having to shift the audio track, so I'm obviously subtracting or adding to the meter, right?

Can someone help me with what needs to be done tell the metronome, or bars and beats to start over at a specific time? I'm not even sure how to ask this properly
Thank you!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Start Click Track in New Location-clicktrack.png  

Last edited by world sound; 3 weeks ago at 03:32 AM.. Reason: wanted to add more specific details
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by world sound View Post
Hi all,
Not sure why this is taking me so long to figure out. I'm trying to line-up this track in ProTools 11, but I want to start the click track over in a new location (Pictured).
You can see at 65|1|000 there is about 0|0|081 of space between the transient which represents the "1" beat of the upcoming measure.
The rest of the song is sync with the click up until this point.
I would like the meter to line up without having to shift the audio track, so I'm obviously subtracting or adding to the meter, right?

Can someone help me with what needs to be done tell the metronome, or bars and beats to start over at a specific time? I'm not even sure how to ask this properly
Thank you!!!
hmm not sure ..make sure your getting an uncompressed file at the same sample rate and bit depth..

but will this help?..
go to
edit
highlight selection
go to event->tempo operations
select constant
type in tempo
click preserve tempo after selection (or not)?
Old 3 weeks ago
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
hmm not sure ..make sure your getting an uncompressed file at the same sample rate and bit depth..

but will this help?..
go to
edit
highlight selection
go to event->tempo operations
select constant
type in tempo
click preserve tempo after selection (or not)?
The track is "Turn Into" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and I downloaded it from Amazon.

I'm starting to question whether my method for finding BPM is the best:
In Pic #1 the previous transient ines up almost perfect with a 134.5 bpm, but then at 65|1|0 it's off by about 0|0|081.
In Pic #2 at this part towards end, the song begins to break down, and you can clearly see the transients of the drums. At this point in the song the transient for the 1 beat is off by about 1/32nd note.

I guess I'm not music savvy enough to figure out the tempo for this. Is it a manual tempo or something? I'm only experienced with basic meters and tempos.

Does anyone have advice on how to map the tempo in ProTools for this song?

Also, I've never tried the Event>Tempo>Constant>Tempo before until now
Attached Thumbnails
Start Click Track in New Location-turninto1.jpg   Start Click Track in New Location-turninto2.png  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search