The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixer from 2 Inputs into 1 Output -- Possible?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Mixer from 2 Inputs into 1 Output -- Possible?

So I have a bit of a complex setup for streaming from my PS4 using a capture card through my desktop (drawn with amazing precision below).

I recently upgraded from Astro A50s to a new DAC/AMP and Headphones. I am now using Sendy Aiva's and a THX 788. Upon setting everything up, I didn't realize that that THX 788 cannot take audio from 2 inputs at the same time. Nor can I do that through my desktop.

https://imgur.com/vJ2tQsG

The way I have it now:

PS4 Outputs the game audio and video via HDMI into the Capture Card (Th capture card is in my desktop.)

I cannot hear party chat due to the HDCP Protection needing to be turned off in order for the Capture Card to work. So, the party chat will then be sent via SPDIF cable through settings in the PS4. With my current setup using the THX, I have no where to use the SPDIF cable in order to hear the Party Chat. (They can hear me fine, since I am using a USB Mic plugged directly into the PS4)

On the Astro A50 amp, it will automatically process the SPDIF from the PS4 to the A50 amp due having an SPDIF INPUT. That is blended with the audio being sent from the PC. Still following? Great....

My dilemma is that I cannot do this with the THX 788. So is there a mixer that I can send the Optical and USB sound from the PS4 & PC, to then be plugged into the THX 788? Essentially blending the sound from the PS4 and Desktop to then come out of the DAC/AMP?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vociferate View Post
So I have a bit of a complex setup for streaming from my PS4 using a capture card through my desktop (drawn with amazing precision below).

I recently upgraded from Astro A50s to a new DAC/AMP and Headphones. I am now using Sendy Aiva's and a THX 788. Upon setting everything up, I didn't realize that that THX 788 cannot take audio from 2 inputs at the same time. Nor can I do that through my desktop.

https://imgur.com/vJ2tQsG

The way I have it now:

PS4 Outputs the game audio and video via HDMI into the Capture Card (Th capture card is in my desktop.)

I cannot hear party chat due to the HDCP Protection needing to be turned off in order for the Capture Card to work. So, the party chat will then be sent via SPDIF cable through settings in the PS4. With my current setup using the THX, I have no where to use the SPDIF cable in order to hear the Party Chat. (They can hear me fine, since I am using a USB Mic plugged directly into the PS4)

On the Astro A50 amp, it will automatically process the SPDIF from the PS4 to the A50 amp due having an SPDIF INPUT. That is blended with the audio being sent from the PC. Still following? Great....

My dilemma is that I cannot do this with the THX 788. So is there a mixer that I can send the Optical and USB sound from the PS4 & PC, to then be plugged into the THX 788? Essentially blending the sound from the PS4 and Desktop to then come out of the DAC/AMP?

Id send all of the audio into a PC and use Voice Meter Banana to mix it.

Sory about not knowing the gear you are using but.

OBS has an Asio Driver plugin and using OBS to mix pc inputs is a greater benefit, then you can use Restream to send OBS to 30 platforms.

Going back to McGyver the gear is not in my lane.

Ps4, pc, audio interface, capture card, a&heath mixer, obs, win.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search