The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Early Reflections vs Short Tails with no predelay
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Early Reflections vs Short Tails with no predelay

When adding some ambience to dry sounds, Do you prefer E.R's or short tails with little or no predelay for the task?

I know for some people is a taste thing, but what is your approach?

Also, does it make sense (for music production) to purchase altiverb just for the realistic early reflections?

Am I missing something from just using Algorithmic E.R's?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Do you prefer E.R's or short tails with little or no predelay for the task?
I prefer to add what ever makes that track sounds its best in the context of thee mix. you do not do the same thing to everything. What if i want that track to sound like its coming form the back right side of the stereo image?

I do not go into a mix with decisions on what effects i will add and what settings the effects a will be set to until i hear the entire mix.
Quote:
I know for some people is a taste thing, but what is your approach?
Agreed it is a taste thing and its also a 'what will make it sound its best thing in the context of the mix'

So my approach is to listen and think about how i want that specific instrument track to sound and ware i want that track sounds coming from. As reverb is one of the tools used to place instrument sin their own stereo image and make a 3D mix.
Quote:
Also, does it make sense (for music production) to purchase Altiverb just for the realistic early reflections?
Every tools has its place. Try the demo, if it has one, and see how you like it. Any effect can make sense, depending on your needs, taste, and your preferences.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search