The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Setting up Monitors
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Setting up Monitors

Hey guys, so my friend runs an open mic night and i'm volunteering to help her with the sound. We're really struggling to get the monitors working for some reason. The mixer in use is a Mackie CFX12, i know that i have to plug the monitors into the Aux Sends, but then what? I'm finding that we're getting absolutely nothing from them at all.

I have my master send's at unity, and the aux level for each channel at unity also, so surely there definitely should be level coming through? Do i have to plug the monitor into the power amp instead? I think i'm just struggling with how to route everything, with being a noob, i'm still struggling to understand how to actually connect everything up.

If anyone can help let me know, cheers guys
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
The mixer in use is a Mackie CFX12, i know that i have to plug the monitors into the Aux Sends, but then what? I'm finding that we're getting absolutely nothing from them at all.
First you should get to know the equipment you are using. A quick look at the pdf or manual will tell you and help you out a lot. First you will see that main outs and not Aux sends is ware you place your monitors. Who told you to hook up aux sends to your monitors?
Quote:
Do i have to plug the monitor into the power amp instead?
how would i know? Monitors are passive and active. Passive means you need power to power them, active means they are powered already. If you hook up a power amp to active monitors, you can blow them up. so read the manual on your monitors and they will tell you if they are active or passive.
Quote:
Hey guys, so my friend runs an open mic night and i'm volunteering to help her with the sound.
This friend that runs the open mic, she's done this before and its her gear yea? Maybe ask her. You do not want to blow her things up, do you? That wouldn't impress her.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search