The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Industry audio levels
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Industry audio levels

I'm studying Television production, but i'm a sound newbie. I'm doing a presentation on industry audio levels when editing sound, and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about it???
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

There is no standard for "editing" specifically.

If you want to know what the deliverable standards are then you can request them from the broadcasters/networks/streaming platforms. It varies somewhat but most are more or less following the CALM act requirement of -24LUFS/LKFS in the US which is I believe -23LKFS in the EU. Peaks vary. Some other parameters vary as well.

It's a large question and you'll likely have to be more specific.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
I'm doing a presentation on industry audio levels when editing sound, and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about it???
Not loud enough to make your ears fatigue more faster than usually and not low enough so you can not hear all the details. You usually edit at all different levels when editing audio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search