The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I am creating a music production course. I need your opinion :)
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I am creating a music production course. I need your opinion :)

I am currently starting to develop a comprehensive electronic music production course. I would love to know from you guys what you'd think is the biggest sticking points for beginners. What should be covered in that course? What is something that's often missing in tutorials or courses?

Thanks a ton!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You can leisurely browse the newbie forum and quickly discover what people are having the most issues with. Watch some other tutorials and find the holes in their methods/approach, then fill those holes with your experience.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbookofmagic View Post
I am currently starting to develop a comprehensive electronic music production course. I would love to know from you guys what you'd think is the biggest sticking points for beginners. What should be covered in that course? What is something that's often missing in tutorials or courses?

Thanks a ton!
Everyone learn differently, so there are no specific things that tutorials and courses leave out, if they leave out anything at all. What course or tutorial are you referring to,as they are all different.

There are millions of tutorials and courses out there, to rise up to the top, it would have to be fun, cheap or free, interesting, educational and thorough.

Good luck,
Old 2 weeks ago
Sry
Here for the gear

I'd just want to say that your focus should be on learning then to finish the tracks they start. Not sure how that is done but sure, if your taking about synthesis then let it be on synthesis, same for EQing and compression but as soon as your out of that and if the course continues, make sure to show how finishing a track is done. Never had a problem with that before but now I can't seem to do it and I've noticed that lots of people have this issue so it's really something that should be a sticking point in your course!

Good look and make sure to let us know when it's done and how it has proceed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Never had a problem with that before but now I can't seem to do it and I've noticed that lots of people have this issue so it's really something that should be a sticking point in your course!
People do not, or cannot Finnish a song for all different reasons. some can be family, time, mental, your ability to decide, having the option to always revisit your mix.

You would have to get inside each persons head on why they cannot finish a song and each solution would be different.
Old 2 weeks ago
Sry
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
People do not, or cannot Finnish a song for all different reasons. some can be family, time, mental, your ability to decide, having the option to always revisit your mix.

You would have to get inside each persons head on why they cannot finish a song and each solution would be different.
Of course, but seeing / hearing someone finish a song and the ability to get back to it could be very comforting when you're trying to finish your own but of course there are different reasons I'm not saying OP should go through them all or that it is to be expected of him/her to learn someone how to finish your own song but if what you're talking about is of any relevance (it's a good point you're making I'm just saying) there are no point of tutorials for anything. They're for beginners, of course some of them will have problems afterwards even though he has learnt them the basics. I just mean that following a guide for beginners and actually focusing on finishing songs could be something that makes this tutorial stand out.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The first step towards finishing a song is to accept that there is no such thing as a finished song.
Not in the creator's eyes anyway.
You'll never feel that something is perfect or 'done'.

The trick is just knowing when to walk away and draw a line under it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search