The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Song References for Female "Angel" BG Vocals
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Question Song References for Female "Angel" BG Vocals

Not really a Noob question per se, but I'm just looking for a little help...

I'd like to hire out BG vocals for a song I'm working on that needs a specific sound. The sound is in my head but I can't think of any reference songs that demonstrate it.

The client would like high register female support. To sing "ooohs" more so than words. The delivery should probably have considerable vibrato. The production will be 50s/60s, maybe a bit lo-fi. The best term I can think of to describe would be like "angels". Or maybe haunted angels. This seems like something you'd hear in a James Bond theme song.

I just can't think of any examples! I appreciate any ideas!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

This made me laugh because I too have these sounds going round in my head at the moment; I'm even thinking of asking a neighbours partner to try and sing this on a track I'm working on as she is a soprano.

Anyway, the first example that jumped in my head is this old sixties thing - is it what you're thinking of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxOYqoPkdc8
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lambert View Post
Anyway, the first example that jumped in my head is this old sixties thing - is it what you're thinking of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxOYqoPkdc8
Yes Yes Yes!!!

I don't know how you found that, but thank you. That's exactly the type of reference I was after. And what a bonus that the accompanying video is just...odd.

You'll have to let me know how it goes with your neighbor's partner if that happens –*I may want to hire her too
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Good, pleased it helps. Another could be 'Johnny Remember Me' by John Leyton. And probably the most famous of all; 'the Great Gig in the Sky' by Pink Floyd.

A decent soprano singer who's into the music and able to improvise is what you need. Will be a while before I might have a try at this though!

Good luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search