The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do you need midi in and out?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Do you need midi in and out?

I need to get a midi keyboard but this is still a new topic for me. I have got my eyes set on the Maudio keystation but it only has midi out? Aren't midi keyboards supposed to have midi in and midi outs?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If it’s purely a MIDI keyboard, rather than a more general keyboard with its own built-in sound engine or something, there’s not much point in it having a MIDI in (unless it has a THRU port as well, or it has built-in displays of some sort that can be updated via MIDI).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianww View Post
If it’s purely a MIDI keyboard, rather than a more general keyboard with its own built-in sound engine or something, there’s not much point in it having a MIDI in (unless it has a THRU port as well, or it has built-in displays of some sort that can be updated via MIDI).
Ok so do you know why the Maudio keystation 88 has a usb AND a midi out?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So you can choose what you want to use (you can power it via USB if you want).
For what reason would you want to send MIDI to the keyboard?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You couldn't use USB without a computer (or at least a hardware usb midi host)....and you couldn't use 5 pin without a midi interface.

Both connections means it work in all situations.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yep, as BT64 and stella465 said - it will have USB to connect it to a computer (and possibly as a power source) and it will have MIDI out to connect to other devices with MIDI in ports (synths, sound modules, other keyboards, etc. etc.)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search