The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Phantom Power sending to all channels
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Phantom Power sending to all channels

Hey yall.
I just recently started having an issue with my system at the studio where if I send phantom power to any 1 channel, signal is sent to the other condensers and I see a 20 db jump on my meters on each channel. With a certain mic in particular (EV ND66) it jumps all the way to 0 and clips. I'm not only worried about ruining mics, but also other gear as well. Signal flow is as follows.

Wall input -> patchbay (normalled to apogee ensemble thunderbolt) -> Protools 12.

I should also mention that obviously no gain is applied until phantom power is sent to the mic.

I'm not using any outboard gear to test any potential problems to keep it as straightforward as possible. The only thing I can possibly think of is a bad ground somewhere in the patchbay or wall inputs?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Rwagn182; 4 weeks ago at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Lack of info
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
if I send phantom power to any 1 channel, signal is sent to the other condensers
Go to your The Maestro Control and make sure the pre-amps are not assigned to the same grouped. This makes the most sense, they are probably grouped

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search