The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
choosing a mixer for recording live meditation/dance events
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

choosing a mixer for recording live meditation/dance events

Hey guys.

I need help in working out what kind of mixer I need to make recordings of our live events and also to do the levels in the venue.

we do meditation and dance events where we bring our own audio gear apart from the speaker system in the venue.

we have 2x wireless mics and a laptop for music, and a zoom H6.

Currently I run the mics and laptop all into the zoom h6 and then run the line out of the zoom h6 into the PA system for the venue, which is not at all ideal for many reasons.

So, I wanna get a little mixer. At one show we did, the tech guy there had some kind of digital mixer, where he could set and lock in the levels to output for the recording, and then use the physical mixer knobs to do the room (whilst leaving the settings for the recording untouched).

this is ideal because I often wanna change the change the mic and music levels for the room due to feedback, depending on whether there is meditation (super quiet speaking) or music (talking loudly over music which can be either really bassy or very vocal)

I'm new to all this, just been doing these gigs for a few months now and don't know about this stuff.

can you guys suggest the type of mixer I need for this, with some links to basic models? or if this way of doing things is not good, please feel free to suggest other ways. thank you, A
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisha_ View Post
So, I wanna get a little mixer.
How little?
I've been working with an Allen Heath qu32 and i would recommend for any one. But their smaller mix its 16 channel. Qu16 have a look they are really nice.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I have the Soundcraft Ui24r which would work well but might be a lot more inputs than you need. There are a number of small rack mount digital mixers that record to usb separately from the live sound, and then you can do post production with those files later if you want.
Old 2 weeks ago
My wife is a yoga instructor and record my wife's Yoga and meditation classes. I use my Zoom Q2n with a stereo pair of 2 ISK little Gems. It captures the audio and video with great results.

I got the zoom last year to record my bands gigs originally, but found more uses for it, as i love that little thing
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I find it hilarious how no one has asked you what your price ceiling is..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search