The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
scarlett 2i2 static and xlr problem
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

scarlett 2i2 static and xlr problem

i bought a new used condensor microphone (studio projects b1) and plugged it into my scarlett 2i2 1st gen with the phantom power turned on (bonehead move I know) and immediately got static that now won't go away. tried to use another xlr mic (at-2020) and it doesn't seem to function anymore. have i bricked my scarlett?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightin View Post
i bought a new used condensor microphone (studio projects b1) and plugged it into my scarlett 2i2 1st gen with the phantom power turned on (bonehead move I know) and immediately got static that now won't go away. tried to use another xlr mic (at-2020) and it doesn't seem to function anymore. have i bricked my scarlett?
Phantom power is sent form your interface, so having it turned on before a mic is plugged in will and then plugging it in will not blow your audio interface. Also, the mic is expecting phantom power, so the mic should be good

The static is coming from elsewhere and/or caused by something else. Some troubleshooting is required.
First, this interface has 2 mic pre-s, so try the other mic pre
Then try another mic cable
Then try seeing if the line ins work with a key/synth, guitar or something.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Phantom power is sent form your interface, so having it turned on before a mic is plugged in will and then plugging it in will not blow your audio interface. Also, the mic is expecting phantom power, so the mic should be good

The static is coming from elsewhere and/or caused by something else. Some troubleshooting is required.
First, this interface has 2 mic pre-s, so try the other mic pre
Then try another mic cable
Then try seeing if the line ins work with a key/synth, guitar or something.
tried the other mic input and line ins, neither work, and no audio coming out of the headphone out, just static.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
tried the other mic input and line ins, neither work, and no audio coming out of the headphone out, just static.
So you are saying the line ins do not work with a line level signal either. Well Before junking it, uninstall it and reinstall it and then define it in your DAW again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search