The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can I turn my sample a note or an octave higher?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Can I turn my sample a note or an octave higher?

I have one sound sample from a synth which I load into my Ultrabeat. The thing is that this sound is a Fa and I'd like to get all the notes of the octave in that sound. Is it possible to turn my sample a note higher or lower or even an octave?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Yes. Yes you can.

Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by newspapers View Post
I have one sound sample from a synth which I load into my Ultrabeat. The thing is that this sound is a Fa and I'd like to get all the notes of the octave in that sound. Is it possible to turn my sample a note higher or lower or even an octave?
Keep in mind that it won't sound quite as good as the original sample if you play it back at other frequencies/notes, and the length of the sample will change as you go higher or lower than the original sample frequency/note. Of course, there's no harm in trying, and you might be able to get the results you want with very little effort.

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search