The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
usb mixer for AI
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
usb mixer for AI

OK first off this forum is for noobs and I am definitely that I am not recording Led Zep or G&R maybe just some broke garage bands that may want to record what they play at my hall no public concert FOH . My question is I have a analog Allen and Heath GL2800 like new condition and would like to do all the mixing there but want to send to computer to record to disk. My other post I was advised here to just get a interface but after looking around my area seems to be a lot of nice small 8 and 10 channel usb mixers with more inputs and outputs then the budget interfaces out there. Is it dumb to mix on the A&H analog and go into another small mixer just to connect to computer. Thanks all no laughing
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

An Behringer UCA 202 USB or any interface with line in will do if you only want to record the stereo out.
A other mixer with usb interface will give extra gain staging and posible extra noise, but yes you could do that to.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
mixefor AI

I really hate to sound cheap or really not knowing anything but maybe that is what I am. I am a carpenter by trade not a sound engineer I happen to own an old building in a small town 100x40 3 floors one floor with a hall with a stage. I have always been into music and thought this would be a great place to give small garage bands a place to keep there equipment and practice and if they know what there doing they can use what I have to record. So some of my question may seem so basic that even the noob forum here is not for me maybe someone can steer me to a site for some basics. I have learned a lot already from youtube. I am about a year away from being finished with remolding the hall and that is why I am gathering some equipment when I see deals. I will probably be dealing with young people with no money but want to play so maybe the space will be free for a while to see if it catches on. So if you know of a more basic site please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
usb mixer for AI-20190806_125427.jpg   usb mixer for AI-20190806_125445.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So you presumably want to record to multitrack not just a stereo mix?

I don't know what 10-12 channel mixers you are looking at but I doubt they have multi channel over usb if they are priced lower than similar number of channel interfaces.
Lots of cheap small mixers around with only stereo i/o over USB
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thank You
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
I happen to own an old building in a small town 100x40 3 floors one floor with a hall with a stage.
If i was in this potion, I would convert all 3 floors into separate rehearsal/practice rooms, between 6 to 8 rooms depending on how big each floor is and rent them out by the hour for jamming. Have each room have its own PA, drums and amps for bass and guitar and of course acoustic treatment and rent them out fro $20 an hour.

Years form now, if you are comfortable and gain more knowledge in the audio engineering side and get gear that people will pay for recording into (20K investment), you can convert a 2 rooms to a recording studio (live room and control room) and keep 4 to 6 rooms for rehearsal.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thanks for your input I am in a small town and will probably be working with small bands just starting out looking for a place to practice without disturbing neighbors
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm glad you're thinking so far ahead, and I really like the high ceilings!

As you build out, keep in mind plenty of power outlets in strategic places, and perhaps some 3-inch diameter plastic conduit between the stage and likely places to have a sound control booth or other management station without people stepping on cables.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Checked out your place looks great MediaGary

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search