The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
simple to use DAW and editing programs
Old 5th November 2019
Here for the gear
simple to use DAW and editing programs

Hi, I have wavelab 9 elements and Audacity and formerly used Sonar Platinum but they went belly up and looking for DAW simple to use and stuff like wavelab but easier to use, it seems a nightmare to me, when I import a track to Audaciy, I have access to VST's and such and I hit apply and hear the difference, if I don't like it there is a simple UNDO function taking it back to original.
When I try to do that in Wavelab it seems difficult to find the right buttons to push to do simple undo's. Anything out there maybe more advanced than Audacity, able to take newer plugins like Wave Horizon which I have copy of and am contemplating getting Izotop Ozone 9.
So need help either in learning Wavelab or getting another one a lot easier and more intuitive to use that will take Waves plugins and Izotope ones. Thanks for your answers.
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear
If you want to continue to use Sonar, Cakewalk by BandLab is the very healthy and supported (and free) continuation.
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.p...lk-by-bandlab/
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
...when I import a track to Audaciy, I have access to VST's and such and I hit apply and hear the difference, if I don't like it there is a simple UNDO function taking it back to original.
When I try to do that in Wavelab it seems difficult to find the right buttons to push to do simple undo's. ....
In Audacity you can't live audition the plug-in (so if you don't like it you need to undo).
Destuctive editing.
In Wavelab you don't need to proces the effect (and undo it), you can audition it by putting it in and hit play.
If you don't like it remove the plugin.
Non destructief editing.
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

I have also tried to find the undo button in Wavelab.

Wavelab is not a DAW, it is a ‘destructive’ editor; might be like other destructive editors but is not like Sonar or Cubase or PT—
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

i’m In the same boat looking for the undo button
Old 5th November 2019
Old 5th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
I am not seeing the undo feature still.
Old 5th November 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by emenelton View Post
I am not seeing the undo feature still.
I think he said just removing the plugin does the same thing as undo in audacity, maybe
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

As said cakewalk is now free. They have spent the last 2 years focusing on bugs and workflow related fixes. As a result it has become one of the most powerful stable DAW’s around. There is a lot of support and tutorials so no excuses. All software has a learning curve. Wave lab and Audacity are wave editors for mastering and working with mostly stereo files. I would never use either for a multitrack DAW.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bremmer's Multitrackstudio is a reasonable alternative. Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
So need help either in learning Wavelab or getting another one a lot easier and more intuitive to use .
"easier" and "more intuitive" are actually very very relative. Each individual has ways of thinking and working that make one software "intuitive" for one person and maybe "counter intuitive" for someone else. The recommendations you get in a thread like this, as sensible as they are, are coming from people who are 'not you'.

Another often unacknowledged aspect of "easy" is familiarity. A program that works just like your old program will seem easier to you - because you are used to those workflows. If you had started with a different program, maybe you would have a different idea of which is easier.

If you grew up flying airplanes, and never, ever drove a car, driving a car might seem really weird for you. How can I make a right turn without my ailerons? I think you should take a little time and watch some 'intro' YouTubes for a number of different programs. Certain ones may really jump out at you - making you say - 'that's what I'm talking about!'
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
"easier" and "more intuitive" are actually very very relative. Each individual has ways of thinking and working that make one software "intuitive" for one person and maybe "counter intuitive" for someone else. The recommendations you get in a thread like this, as sensible as they are, are coming from people who are 'not you'.

Another often unacknowledged aspect of "easy" is familiarity. A program that works just like your old program will seem easier to you - because you are used to those workflows. If you had started with a different program, maybe you would have a different idea of which is easier.

If you grew up flying airplanes, and never, ever drove a car, driving a car might seem really weird for you. How can I make a right turn without my ailerons? I think you should take a little time and watch some 'intro' YouTubes for a number of different programs. Certain ones may really jump out at you - making you say - 'that's what I'm talking about!'
Great advice! I got Izotope Ozone 9 and found it very easy to use, had some tracks recorded decades ago on a high end cassette recorder and there was some problems with levels and such but Ozone made those tracks a LOT better! Didn't have to use wavelab because 9 is standalone or can be used as plugin.
So when I get through with 9, i stick it in audacity just to do the end clipping and such and maybe a bit of reverb, ended up much improved.
You can hear the results at soundcloud.com/user399104119

Up to 117 tracks there now and the first four are reworked old tracks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ctrl + Z (Undo)
Ctrl + Y (Redo)
Or
Command + Z
Command + Y
On Mac

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search