The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What type of record deal should I set up?
Old 20th October 2019
Gear Head

What type of record deal should I set up?

Hey all

I am writing this because of the following question;

1. I have a creative company and want to create an album for a vocalist/songwriter.

My input is the following;

- I work with independent music producers, pay them for their instrumentals and I get 50% to 90% of the rights. This happens through Beatstarz and other platforms.

- I am involved with the composition of the beats as I do give my input on the song structure, types of sounds, FX, etc...

- I have a vocalist that is also a professional songwriter. I want him to perform on the instrumentals and write songs to them. He also has a catalog of songs that are already published and which we want to remix them or re-record them (he owns all the rights to the lyrics and songwriting)

- We want to invest money in music videos, studio time and promotion. We also want to look for endorsement deals and get the songs featured in commercials, etc...

What type of deal is the most suitable for our situation? We want to make a good profit and want the artist/songwriter to feel that he is being treated fair deal-wise.

Thank you!
Old 21st October 2019
Quote:
What type of deal is the most suitable for our situation?
The type of deal most suitable for you is the best deal you can get. no one hear can predict the future and say what someone may offer you.
Quote:
We want to make a good profit and want the artist/songwriter to feel that he is being treated fair deal-wise.
So does everyone. Who doesn't want to be treated Fairly and make the most money?
You will get what ever someone offers you. That's all..
Old 21st October 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
The type of deal most suitable for you is the best deal you can get. no one hear can predict the future and say what someone may offer you.

So does everyone. Who doesn't want to be treated Fairly and make the most money?
You will get what ever someone offers you. That's all..

I am the one that is setting up the proposal , not vice versa. So it's up to me to come up with a proposal.
Old 22nd October 2019
And you want strangers on the internet to help you write your proposal and draft your business plan essentially?
Old 22nd October 2019
Gear Head

Start here to get some ideas:

All You Need to Know About the Music Business – by Donald Passman

https://www.amazon.com/Need-Know-Abo.../dp/1501122185

Then take your plan to a local entertainment lawyer (ask at local studios for references).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search