The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Setting up a signal path and I've run into an obstacle
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Setting up a signal path and I've run into an obstacle

Hey all,
This is my very 1st post, although I've browsed the forum many, many times in search of information and opinions on things. Anyway, I've decided to create an account so maybe I could get more personalized information that pertains to what I'm actually doing. Moving on, I'm a musician first, but I am very much into recording and stuff & I have a good amount of experience with it (at home/in professional studios as a player). My current situation involves an audio interface and an external compression unit. I ordered the "Roland Octa Capture" and also got the "Art VLA II" compressor. My plan was to be able to compress 2 inputs going into the Octa Capture. I found out that a mic preamp is needed for the microphones before going into to the compression unit. I find this to be annoying and was wondering if there's a way to avoid having to use preamps before the compressor? Would I need to get a different compressor or upgrade to the Roland Studio Capture? I hope someone out there could shed some light on this and I appreciate ANY help!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The best way would be to buy an interface with an insert jack.
The Roland capture does not have that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search