The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
help with mixer setup please.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

help with mixer setup please.

Hey guys am new to the these forums,

I need some help with setting up a mixer, my automation software is Radiodj and have it set up as per these instructions https://www.radiodj.ro/wp-content/up...ixer-setup.jpg, however I have 1 mic and i need to be able to quickly create intros etc with that one mic in audacity, my mixer is a Behringer Q1202 usb mixer, altough im not currently using it for soundcard, I have another external usb soundcard which is setup as in the instructions above is it possible to send my mic output to Audacity but Not to Radiodj, and then switch back so i can use in Radiodj the mic is connected to line 1 of my mixer which is xlr.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I have another external usb soundcard which is setup as in the instructions above is it possible to send my mic output to Audacity but Not to Radiodj, and then switch back so i can use in Radiodj the mic is connected to line 1 of my mixer which is xlr.
All you need to do is set up the track in Audacity to the correct input that the microphone is going into to and audacity will pick up the mic and the other software will not, as long as the other software is not configured to receive that signal.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
All you need to do is set up the track in Audacity to the correct input that the microphone is going into to and audacity will pick up the mic and the other software will not, as long as the other software is not configured to receive that signal.
Thanks For The reply

Thats the problem the other software radiodj, is setup to receive that signal as it needs to send the output to an encoder.

here's how i have it

The front out on my soundcard is going to line 7/8 on my mixer
main out on my mixer is going to line in.

in Radiodj the speakers are set usb sound device (external)
my encoder software is picking up the line in from my usb soundcard

line in is obviously where everything is linked so line in captures everything from my mixer. hence if i dont use line in in audacity as the capture device it does not pick up the mic, if i use the line in as capture for audacity anything i do in audacity is captured and sent to the encoder, an also any sound playing in radio dj is also sent to audacity.

Last edited by hypadj33; 4 weeks ago at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Missed something
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Does your soundcard have multiple inputs?

If not then there is simply nothing to switch between.

You might be able to fudge something using Voicemeeter before the apps.

Your "setup" link doesn't work btw.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you for the replies guys

The only other line in on this soundcard is the mic input, I do have another soundcard with line in, here's how i have it set up at the moment.

the other soundcard is the onboard soundcard.

https://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how...h-radiodj.html
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypadj33 View Post
Thank you for the replies guys

The only other line in on this soundcard is the mic input, I do have another soundcard with line in, here's how i have it set up at the moment.

https://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how...h-radiodj.html
In audacity you need to choose the right driver that has the available inputs.

If you load up audacity and look at available inputs what do you see?

Are you trying to use audacity while another program is open? that is where you might run into issues.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:

You cannot use 2 different sound cards for a number of reasons, like clocking... Chose 1 and that's it. If that one sound card doesn't fit your needs, upgrade top one that does

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search