The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focusrite Scarlett Solo with Logitech Z313 2.1
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Focusrite Scarlett Solo with Logitech Z313 2.1

Hi all,

I don’t have studio speakers at the moment, and I would like to hear my guitar through my PC speakers. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen audio interface, my PC speakers are Logitech Z313 2.1. Could you help me set it up? Thank you in advance.
Old 3 weeks ago
Im not going to help you set it up, because you can blow the pc speakers. There are reasons way studio monitors exist.

But if you are hell bent on it, just find the cables with the correct outs and ins and your set. Its that easy. Look at the back of your audio interface and look at your speaker input connections. Thats all you need to do
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Im not going to help you set it up, because you can blow the pc speakers. There are reasons way studio monitors exist.

But if you are hell bent on it, just find the cables with the correct outs and ins and your set. Its that easy. Look at the back of your audio interface and look at your speaker input connections. Thats all you need to do
How does it blow the speakers? Aren't speakers designated to create sound they are able to and not go beyond?

If I see it correctly, I would need a twin RCA to 3.5mm jack socket? Currently the jack from the subwoofer connects to the green jack socket at the back of my computer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

And if I connect the speakers to my Focusrite, will I hear music I play on YouTube?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
How does it blow the speakers? Aren't speakers designated to create sound they are able to and not go beyond?
Yes,that are what speakers do, but they are not made for playing instruments through and mixing instrument through.

Like i said, that why they make studio monitors. They are built to withstand the power of monitoring instruments and mixes. PC are not!!! But so what you want, PC speakers are not expensive, so you wont loose a lot.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Yes,that are what speakers do, but they are not made for playing instruments through and mixing instrument through.
Like i said, that why they make studio monitors. They are built to withstand the power of monitoring instruments and mixes. PC are not!!! But if you want to do it, PC speakers are not expensive, so you wont loose a lot.
Quote:
And if I connect the speakers to my Focusrite, will I hear music I play on YouTube?
If you designate that as your sound card for your PC, you can
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You could use the solo as a soundcard and plug the guitar into the front of the solo (with switch on 'inst') keep the volume low and can't you plug in headphones for direct monitoring?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search