The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MBox 2 no sound thru DAW
Old 14th October 2019
MBox 2 no sound thru DAW

I just reinstalled Pro Tools 8 le and hooked my M Box 2 back up on a Win7 pc. I have my mixer going into the MBox and the MBox outs to my monitors. I play a drumbeat and the sound comes out my monitors but no sound goes into the DAW (this includes ProTools and FlStudio). I went into the sound panel and tried recording and playback with mbox selected and not selected, same result. Another note. In FLStudio, when MBox is selected the right channel is in the red but again no sound coming out of speaker from the daw. I have a Korg Electribe hooked up and it plays thru the mbox and out to the speaker but again nothing from the DAW. I also updated the MBox 2 drivers to the latest and nothing.

ANy ideas?
Old 17th October 2019
Just trace your signal as this looks like a signal chain routing issue
Are you sure all your routing are configured to output from your DAW to your Mbox. Are tracks going to master and master going to main outs and are those main outs the right main outs that go to your monitors.

If you cannot solve it, take the mixer out of the equation and when you find the routing error, re-connect the mixer
Old 4 weeks ago
Pretty sure the Mbox itself is the problem. The usb jack is very loose and everytime I try to load PT with the mbox connected the pc just crashes, bsod. I am giving on the box and looking for another interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search