The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best software to create uptempo workout mixes
Old 9th October 2019
Here for the gear

Best software to create uptempo workout mixes

Hi, my girlfriend and myself love to go running to dance/techno/trance music. For years I have been using Mixmeister to make mp3 mixes at around 155-165 BPM. The mixes can be from 30 minute mixes of 20 songs to 2 hour mixes og 50 songs. The Mixmeister software is however getting old and does not always analyze the beat correctly so I started looking for something better. I actually bought Mixedinkeys mashup software but that is even more Limited and cumbersome so i have asked for a refund on that. Also none of theese gives me the ability to adjust the beatmapping if they analyze the song incorrectly. Running to Music brutally reveals any errors in the beatmatching...

What I basically need is to be able to:

Lay out mp3 tracks on a timeline,
I dont need more than 2-4 parallell tracks.
Set intro / outro Points, crossfade volume and/or bass/treble
Adjust BPM and beatmatch the songs
Cut/copy/paste sections and arrange as I see fit
Export to mp3

What would be exiting in addition - but not necessary would be to be able to add sound effects, create drum beats etc.

I dont mind spending up to 100usd for New software. I dont have any other gear than my computer and my mp3 player

Currently i'm considering ableton live basic Version. I dont mind investing time in Learning New software

Any tips are most wellcome

Last edited by TooCool; 9th October 2019 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Forgot asking
Old 4 weeks ago
Try Cakewalk by Bandlab. Its free and can do everything you listed and you can save your $100 budget and take your wife out for dinner..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search