The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using modeling mics?
Old 3rd October 2019
Here for the gear

Using modeling mics?

I am new to the recording world and am simply trying to fully understand the limitations of using modeling mics. I have seen the Slate ML-2, Antelope Verge, and others.

My questions being these:

1. Using a modeling mic on its own without the emulation plugins. Do the Slate & Antelope work just fine as flat transparent condenser mics?

2. If using a specific modeling mic, couldnt one use any other emulation plugin with it, assuming they have the rights to use said plugin? For example, say I use the Antelope Verge to track drums and send those off to a buddy who has the Slate Mic Emulation plugins. Couldnt he still use my drum tracks and apply emulation to them?

3. If anyone knows of or where to find the specs on the Slate ML-2 , that would be of help as well. I cant seem to find the specs anywhere online.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search