The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen Sound problem
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen Sound problem

Hi, I recently bought the Scarlett 2i2 3rd, (my first interface), I don't have any audio monitors or p10 headphones so I tried to use my normal headphones with a standard p2 to p10 adaptor, but when I try to listen to a youtube video, for example, the sound is extremely low and I only hear a bit of the instruments and the voices are a mess, I cannot understand anything. Could it be my headphones? My adaptor? I don't know, as I said, I'm new to this sound things..
(I couldn't find any article or forum about this)
Old 27th September 2019
Lives for gear

Are you using the headphone output on the front (that should work) or one of the balanced outputs on the back (don't use them for stereo headphones)?
Old 27th September 2019
Sounds like a bad adapter to me, get a new one
Old 27th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grs_11 View Post
Hi, I recently bought the Scarlett 2i2 3rd, (my first interface), I don't have any audio monitors or p10 headphones so I tried to use my normal headphones with a standard p2 to p10 adaptor, but when I try to listen to a youtube video, for example, the sound is extremely low and I only hear a bit of the instruments and the voices are a mess, I cannot understand anything. Could it be my headphones? My adaptor? I don't know, as I said, I'm new to this sound things..
Yes it can be the headphones or it could be a hundred other things like driver setting. You need to troubleshoot this just like everything else.

You need to troubleshoot by Replacing and changing.

Start change and/or replace the headphones, then cables, then adapater then check your driver settings and make sure they are compatible with your PC and DAW.
Do not stop until its solved.
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
Are you using the headphone output on the front (that should work) or one of the balanced outputs on the back (don't use them for stereo headphones)?
i'm using the front one!
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
Sounds like a bad adapter to me, get a new one
i'll try this, my adapter is stereo, (has the 2 black lines) should i try the mono one?
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Yes it can be the headphones or it could be a hundred other things like driver setting. You need to troubleshoot this just like everything else.

You need to troubleshoot by Replacing and changing.

Start change and/or replace the headphones, then cables, then adapater then check your driver settings and make sure they are compatible with your PC and DAW.
Do not stop until its solved.
ok, ty man!!
Old 28th September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi again, i found out that this only hapenns in some videos or audios, in entered in youtube the sound was ok, but in discord or in the focusrite tutorial video the audio get distoced just like i said, so i dont know if it is my adapter..
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi again, Now after trying everything i could, i solved my problem by
this article from Focusrite, https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-...1wdd0&solved=0 , My problem was the headphones which had a microphone, (3 lines on the jack, 1 for left side, other for the right side and the last one for the microphone) so, if you want to use headphones you should buy one with 2 lines, like the Ones from Audio Technica, the "M" line, M20x, M30x, M40x, M50x..
Old 2nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
.. the headphones which had a microphone,..
We call that a headset.
Old 2nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
We call that a headset.
i know, but sometimes you are using these cellphone headphones and they have a little microphone, i wrote like this just to clarify what i was saying..
Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear

"cellphone headphones" - Earbuds
Old 3rd October 2019
Quote:
i know, but sometimes you are using these cellphone headphones and they have a little microphone, i wrote like this just to clarify what i was saying..
We don't use headsets in recording/mixing. They are headsets as the other poster said, they are not headphones..
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Head

The adapter for sure.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search