The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I/O Converter Recommendations
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I/O Converter Recommendations

Folks, I'm in the process of building out a home studio (I'll add some photos to that section when I have some time), and I'm going back and forth on what to use for the A-D/D-A converters for I/O. DAW will be Pro Tools, on a Mac Pro (whenever they come out), and I'm looking for a simultaneous input range along the lines of:
  • 16 inputs for drums
    6 inputs for guitars (wet/dry)
    6 inputs for guitar amps
    6 inputs for keyboards
    6 inputs for vocals

I've used the Avid I/Os in the past, but that was 15+ years ago. I've been looking closely at the Focusrite Red16s, but I have not personally used them. If you were starting out, what would you buy? If possible, a cost is no object option, and reasonable cost option. Thanks in advance.
Old 4 weeks ago
Cost is no object? Burl or Prism, depending on if you want big and warm or clear and clean.

Cheaper alternative: Apogee or Lynx.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I'll take a look at those four. Does anyone have any particular feelings regarding Focusrite Red16 vs Avid HD I/O Analog units? The local people with whom I have been talking have been recommending those two units.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search