The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How to post audio+ picture on youtube without losing sound quality?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How to post audio+ picture on youtube without losing sound quality?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a video for a song of mine in order to release it on youtube.

The idea is just to stick a pic to the audio so that youtube recognizes the format.

I am using shotcut and while the making of this pic+sound video file was quite easy I noticed that the sound is altered ( bass becomes blurry, loss of depth..)even before being posted on yt.

Is there a way to create a HD sound+picture file that won't lose in sound quality before it's handled by youtube's eq?

Many thanks in advance
Peace
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quality of audio on an video wil depend on video quality to.
But don't forget that YT alters (normalization) your audio too.
Keep enough dynamic and headroom.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Is there a way to create a HD sound+picture file that won't lose in sound quality before it's handled by youtube's eq?
Yea, its done all the time. Just have it professionally produced/mastered for YouTube. Quality in will equal quality out all day long
Quote:
I noticed that the sound is altered ( bass becomes blurry, loss of depth..)even before being posted on yt.
If its sounds bad before you even insert it in YouTube, then it will never sound good in Youtube. You have to get it to sound right before uploading it to YT.
This starts in the music writing/arrangement stage, then carries over to the recording stage and carries over to the mixing stage and then caries over to the mastering stage
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirabhorn View Post
I am using shotcut and while the making of this pic+sound video file was quite easy I noticed that the sound is altered ( bass becomes blurry, loss of depth..)even before being posted on yt.

It would help if you could tell people what settings you're using when creating the final video file. (as well as what you start off with)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search