The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 vs. Zoom R-16
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 vs. Zoom R-16

We're trying to decide between these two products in order to do some demo recording. We have two keyboards, both running stereo, an electric guitar, acoustic, bass and vocals and need an audio interface with at least eight inputs and the ability to record eight tracks simultaneously. I just ordered the Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 ($279), but saw that the Zoom R-16 was knocked down $100 ($299).

Let me know if anyone has had any experience with either of these audio interfaces. We'll be using it with Reaper and possibly Studio One. Thanks.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Totally different interfaces:
- Zoom R16 is a standalone recorder (means you don't need a PC to record in your rehearsal room);
- Behringer UMC1820 is a STUDIO interface (means you need a PC to record)

So, if you need flexibility go Zoom, if you wanna achieve higher quality go Behringer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Just ask yourself, "Do I want A Hard disk Recorder?" If you answer yes, get the Zoom R-16
Just ask yourself, "Do i want to record into a DAW?" If you answer yes, then keep the Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820

What you get, depends on what you want to do, not what we think is right for you. Apple and oranges

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search