The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best way to patch
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Best way to patch

Hey folks,

Im wondering what would be the best way to patch some hardware with my current setup.
I´m only using DAW for mixing right now and would like to get some hardware comp for mixing and recording. I´m using a Focusrite Clarett X Thunderbolt + 8Pre Interface which goes straight into the mac.
Which could be the simplest way to add some hardware for mixing to this setup or f.e. add a tube preamp for recording?
Thankful for any ideas and suggestions!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGrauberger View Post
Hey folks,

Im wondering what would be the best way to patch some hardware with my current setup.
I´m only using DAW for mixing right now and would like to get some hardware comp for mixing and recording. I´m using a Focusrite Clarett X Thunderbolt + 8Pre Interface which goes straight into the mac.
Which could be the simplest way to add some hardware for mixing to this setup or f.e. add a tube preamp for recording?
Thankful for any ideas and suggestions!
I would buy a couple of balanced patchbays. Put all the i/o through there and make sure the right things are normaled. That way if you want to add anything to the signal chain just patch it in.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I couldn´t find any patchbay yet, that would work. I´ve got the rack under the monitors, so it would be great if I could have just TT or TRS on the front and with 16 channels I would need at least 16 ins (Core) -> 16 Out (into Clarett) and at least 8 more for the Hardware to patch in.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I couldn´t find any patchbay yet, that would work. I´ve got the rack under the monitors, so it would be great if I could have just TT or TRS on the front and with 16 channels I would need at least 16 ins (Core) -> 16 Out (into Clarett) and at least 8 more for the Hardware to patch in.
Here are 27 different patchbays for sale from sweetwater.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c958--Patchbays
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks! The Switchcraft looks like something! Couldn´t find one with db25 on german retailers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks! The Switchcraft looks like something! Couldn´t find one with db25 on german retailers!
If it were me I would set budgetary requirements before I started shopping.
Unless money isn't really an issue. With that Patchbay and full breakout cables you are right at $3000.00

There are much more cost friendly solutions available. Just saying.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
If it were me I would set budgetary requirements before I started shopping.
Unless money isn't really an issue. With that Patchbay and full breakout cables you are right at $3000.00

There are much more cost friendly solutions available. Just saying.
What solutions are you thinking of? If I buy another Clarett Interface and use 8 more channels to route or record several signals through it, I also end up spending more then 1k and won´t be able to patch everything the way I want to without turning around the rack and changing all the wireing.
Anyway I´m grateful for any advice!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search