The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Need advice on the best way to record multiple synths simultaneously.
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Nut

Need advice on the best way to record multiple synths simultaneously.

Hello, I'm taking the big leap into the hardware territory after years of working in the box.

I recently bought a Korg ms 20, a Behringer model D, a volca FM, a Juno 106 and I'm waiting for an offer on a second hand DSI/OBERHEIM OB-6.

I currently use a Focusrite PRO 24 DSP soundcard hooked to my MacbookPro.

I'm thinking about finding the perfect setup wich for me means to not having to look at the computer screen all of the time.

So I was considering buying a hardware mixer/Soundcard/midi all in one solution, I honnestly doesn't even know if that kind of solution does exist.

What I want to do with this all in one solution is :

-Sync via midi ALL my synth at the same time.

-Be able to do a basic mix directly on the mixer (gain adjusting on the faders, light eq, some send on external hardware effects).

-record everything live into Ableton Live (I mean : volum adjustement on the fly, send a reverb to a clap to make a buildup, muting different channels,..) into SEPARATE tracks with all the parameter that I changed on the fly recorded.

-Finally I will take this recorded jam to mix it furthermore into ableton live.

I've looked at the Soundcraft Signature 22MTK wich seems very good for the price but unfortunately the Multitracking record is prefader and pre Eq.

Does this perfect mixer/soundcard/midi solution even exists?

Thanks for your help !
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear
FWFW Midas Venice F allows you to record via FireWire post EQ. If you are OK with a digital console, Yamaha 01v96i can do post fader direct outs via USB.
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Addict

Analog console with post-fader direct outs into a multichannel audio interface. A modded Midas Venice F series is a nice choice. Alternatively, the Behringer X32 might be something to look at.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search