The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Zoom R24 mastered wav file quality on Pc
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Zoom R24 mastered wav file quality on Pc

I got a new Zoom R24 last week and successfully recorded a multitrack song Saturday, 7 tracks. I wanted to just learn basics first. I have been using a Fostex MR8 for years and am familiar with the concepts but this Zoom is a different animal. Yesterday I was able to add some basic effects, reverb, EQ and pan and mix it to a “master” .wav file. When I play the master .wav file back on the Zoom recorder, output through some monitor speakers I have at home, it sounds great, I love it!
Problem is, when I back up the master .wav file (“MASTER0005.WAV”) and play it on my computer using the same speakers or the computer built in speakers it sound very different. There is a huge hum where it should be silence for a few seconds at the beginning, the bass is way louder than I mixed it and the song actually cuts off at the end a few seconds early. It won’t play at all on my truck stereo- but all the . Wav files I make with my little Fostex play fine there.

I simply copied the project files to my computer with file explorer.

Anyone know what I should do differently to make my mixed master file behave on my PC like it does on my Zoom recorder?

Thanks I advance I am very grateful for any help thsnks
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I simply copied the project files to my computer with file explorer.
Bingo! That is not how you back up a project form another recording device. This is why it plays back differently, because you need to actually have the zoom process Project Files.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thanks for the insight CJ. Although the R24 manual is pretty detailed, it provides no further info other than how to copy file to a computer. But I just put that in my post for background. I do not want to have mix a bunch of tracks on a computer if I can avoid it and much prefer the tactile hands on feel of the faders for mix down though.
So I mixed a new master that was much better, I think it is just some learning curve here. Also downloaded and installed Audacity software and use it for tweaks to the R24 master and am moving forward now. Thanks again for the insight

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search