The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
X32: How to route Main L/R Out via USB back in to DAW
Old 15th September 2019
X32: How to route Main L/R Out via USB back in to DAW

My apoligies for being unable to figure this one out by myself!
8 tracks from DAW are send to the x32 producer via usb for mixing and processing. Okay!
Now, how do I route the MAIN L/R back into the DAW via usb for recording on a stereo track (for mastering).
Until now I record the MAIN Out onto the usb flash drive to get it back into the computer. I‘d love to omit that extra step.
Im sure the routing can be done, but I‘m ing a wall here.
Guidance much appreciated. Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We've got an M32 at work (similar to an X32), and before we switched to a Dante card, I used the USB interface regularly. From what I recall, it only allows input channels (1-32) to be routed, so I'm not sure you can send a mix back into the computer. I believe they designed the interface to just allow you to record into a computer from the console. You could always take the main outs and route them back into a pair of channels. Make sure you don't route those channels back to the main outs, or you'll get a feedback loop going. You'll also have to watch you don't overload the channels that are going back into the computer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwanizer View Post
My apoligies for being unable to figure this one out by myself!
8 tracks from DAW are send to the x32 producer via usb for mixing and processing. Okay!
Now, how do I route the MAIN L/R back into the DAW via usb for recording on a stereo track (for mastering).
Until now I record the MAIN Out onto the usb flash drive to get it back into the computer. I‘d love to omit that extra step.
Im sure the routing can be done, but I‘m ing a wall here.
Guidance much appreciated. Thanks
The 'Routing' tab is your friend:

Use the 'ultranet' tab, and pick Main-L/R to be assigned someplace convenient like 9-10 in the P16 list. Then on the 'card out' tab, choose 'P16 9-16' in one of the columns (perhaps the 25-32 column).

You'll then have the channels 25/26 as the Main-L/R arriving in the DAW. Of course, you'll "lose" the use of the other 6 channels in that group, but if it's not critical to have them for other stuff, this is a very simple and effective approach.

As you can see in the 'ultranet' tab, there are quite a few choices of what can be put on there, so you may have some creative options for the use of the rest of the P16 range that you've chosen.
Old 4 weeks ago
Wow! Never looked at that ultranet stuff. Thanks a lot for the tipp. I‘ll try that routing approach.
And yet again, what a versatile board this turns out to be ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
The 'Routing' tab is your friend:

Use the 'ultranet' tab, and pick Main-L/R to be assigned someplace convenient like 9-10 in the P16 list. Then on the 'card out' tab, choose 'P16 9-16' in one of the columns (perhaps the 25-32 column).

You'll then have the channels 25/26 as the Main-L/R arriving in the DAW. Of course, you'll "lose" the use of the other 6 channels in that group, but if it's not critical to have them for other stuff, this is a very simple and effective approach.

As you can see in the 'ultranet' tab, there are quite a few choices of what can be put on there, so you may have some creative options for the use of the rest of the P16 range that you've chosen.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search