The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tom Jones reverb
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Tom Jones reverb

Hello, I have a silly question on achieving/getting a particular reverb sound for vocals.

I really like the vocal production on Tom Jones' Along came Jones album. Specially the reverb. It's lush, but not too in your face. Just the right amount of decay.I'd really like to try and recreate this reverb for the record I'm working on right now.

However.

I can't find any information on how or where the record was recorded. To my ears it sounds like some kind of chamber or plate.

How would one go about recreating this with UAD pluggys like Lex 480, Lex 224, and AMS RMX16? I feel like the Captial Chamber pluggy is probably my best bet to get this sound, but I'm trying to avoid spending money right now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

It's hard to tell from the recording but it could also be actual reverb from a reverb chamber. Some studios actually still use those.

It also sounds like the reverb is squashed, probably not, but sounds like it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Seems like that was at Decca with Bill Price? Decca had a chamber but lots of EMTs. On at least one or two tunes on that record I hear something that sounds like plate on his voice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search