The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tools helping creativity?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Tools helping creativity?

Slutz, quick poll.

Which piece of equipment was a game changer for you to help creating/producing? What opened up new things? Hardware/software..whatever made the difference.

A few from my side:
- Kemper Amp: it made reamping so easy that it literally changed my approach to writing and recording guitar parts.
- Omnisphere: it made me stop wasting time jumping from soft-synth to soft-synth to find the "right sound".
- Online sample libraries (Splice and the likes): sometimes browsing randomly through samples or loops I get *that idea* I was looking for. Even though I seldom end up using the sample or loop itself.

Next in line to try:
- HW sequencer. Just ordered a Beatstep Pro. Not 100% sure what for, just wanted to try one.
- Soft-synth controller. I want something with knobs (just have a plain master kb now). Suggestions are welcome

A.
Old 3 weeks ago
Hardware: Moog SubPhatty...great, inspiring audio and sound design...tweakable. An education.
iZ RADAR conversion. The search has ended. I don't need to think 'is my conversion good enough?' - it's not a block to being creative. With great monitors, in a treated room, the sounds/music become visceral and my body/mind reacts differently. The creative aspect of performance improves with plausibility of the soundstage.

Software: Propellerhead Reason (with Nektar Controller); IK Multimedia Amplitube; Arturia Keylab.

The DAW doesn't really limit the creative process...like a tape machine/recorder par excellence; easy to get specific sounds; novel sounds or authentic sounds for a genre or era.

Gear is no longer the limiting factor it once was.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I concur with Omnisphere - a brilliant creative tool. A recent purchase of Zynaptiq's Wormhole though has got the creative juices flowing once more and I'm trialling their Adaptiverb. Very easy to create some wonderful sounding ambient productions with these.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search