The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Chain Question
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Chain Question

Hey Slutz,
I have a question.....ok so i have a ART Vocal Channel ( the digital one ) that i want to use for the tube sound, then i have a Roland VT-4 Voice changer that i want to hook into the chain, then i have the focusrite 8i6 ( the new one ) that i want to use as my audio interface... my mic is the lewwit 540 subzero....now my question is this...in what order should i hook all this up..i have no clue what should come before what or how in the world im gonna use the vt-4 in the DAW.....i use Adobe audition for my daw can someone tell me the correct chain order to hook these up in ? and what cables/types ill need? and also how ill be able to actually use the vt-4 in the tracks?

thanks in advance

Alex
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

so no one knows how? lol really? lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybasso View Post
Hey Slutz,
I have a question.....ok so i have a ART Vocal Channel ( the digital one ) that i want to use for the tube sound, then i have a Roland VT-4 Voice changer that i want to hook into the chain, then i have the focusrite 8i6 ( the new one ) that i want to use as my audio interface... my mic is the lewwit 540 subzero....now my question is this...in what order should i hook all this up..i have no clue what should come before what or how in the world im gonna use the vt-4 in the DAW.....i use Adobe audition for my daw can someone tell me the correct chain order to hook these up in ? and what cables/types ill need? and also how ill be able to actually use the vt-4 in the tracks?

thanks in advance

Alex
Mic into Focusrite line 1.

Focusrite Out 3/4 into Roland.

Roland Out into Focusrite line in, 3/4

In your DAW, when you set your audio track inputs, Line 1 will be your Mic, Lines 3/4 will be your Roland.

Mix.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search