The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Watery Warbly Hell and White Noise on voice recordings...
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Watery Warbly Hell and White Noise on voice recordings...

https://soundcloud.com/user-852062828/ugh

This audio clip demonstrates the issue, but long story short, I'm hearing unusual white noise from my interface and getting a weird distortion, like I'm talking through a fan or something. I'm going insane trying to figure out the problem! If anyone has encountered this issue before I'd love to hear about it! I mentioned this in another thread but that was more about acoustic treatment so I don't know if it belongs here instead.

equipment

CAD e100s
Audient id14
Dell XPS 9560 (ugh, suspect this may be the issue)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

https://soundcloud.com/user-852062828/seared-breath

here is another clip that demonstrates the problem more clearly. ess sounds seem to be the most common trigger, though I hear it in other places as well. The problem still occurs after swapping the xlr cable and recording in different rooms. I can't be the only person to suffer from this problem! I wish there was a webmd type database of audio symptoms with clips I could listen to and figure out what this is

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search