The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Abbey Road waves plug ins, need help
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Abbey Road waves plug ins, need help

I just got abbey road waves plug ins, I have a 2012 macbook pro os 10.12.6, and I have an mbox 2 mini, trying to figure out what version of protools is needed, or if I can use it with something else like abelton? Just wanted to see if anyone else is using the plug ins and if there is any good info out there on how to start with it, I mainly just need to figure out what version of pro tools I need to set it up with my os/mbox combo, or if I need to get a different mbox set up or whatever since it would be an older set up that I would keep just to use the plug ins on.

Ok thanks so much in advance!
Old 3 weeks ago
Waves plugins run great on a number of different systems. Here is a link to the relevant support doc on the waves site...
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRoss View Post
I just got abbey road waves plug ins, I have a 2012 macbook pro os 10.12.6, and I have an mbox 2 mini, trying to figure out what version of protools is needed, or if I can use it with something else like abelton? Just wanted to see if anyone else is using the plug ins and if there is any good info out there on how to start with it, I mainly just need to figure out what version of pro tools I need to set it up with my os/mbox combo, or if I need to get a different mbox set up or whatever since it would be an older set up that I would keep just to use the plug ins on.

Ok thanks so much in advance!
All you need to do is install the version that goes with your OS. Mac uses RTAS and PC's use VST and DX in most cases

Waves works with both.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The man thing to be careful about with Waves is don’t install both Version 9 and 10 of the same plugin. It will cause you issues. Oh and don’t install a V10 plugin if you only have a V9 license. So if you end up having problems with it running under ProTools, this MAY be the reason.

It appears that going by the link provided above which versions of ProTools is compatible. As long as one of them is compatible with your Mac, an I think they all are, you should be good to go.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search