The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Midi Control Chain?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Midi Control Chain?

Hi. I want to use some NI to potential. Is it possible to set my Mpc Live as controller for Komplete, then send midi into MPC from Octatrack? With akai set to send and recieve, I should be able to double up on the control, yeah?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
matt pinchin's Avatar
Try it. You wont break anything if its all just midi
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
So far, trying with my Octa on midi thru a Focusrite has been worth only frustration. So I threw the Z in on usb and Komplete allows multiple selections for midi. _Something_ is happening, but I don't know what.

Some direction of what to do could be nice. What cc #'s should be assigned to which knob in Komplete midi learn?
I don't really know anything about midi language.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
matt pinchin's Avatar
I cant help you with that im afraid. Im not familiar with the gear you have so not sure what cc's you will need.
Midi itself isnt that complicated for 90% of the things that most people need. Assign cc to a knob or button and its good to go. The other 10% most people never use. Which are things like rpn's, nrpn's and sysex. Those can be quite intimidating but you will probably never need to get involved with stuff like that. For now at least, stick to cc's.
You should be able to find a list of cc numbers and what they control, most things follow a standard format so a generic cc list should get you going.
Experiment and have fun. It can be frustrating getting it to work but its worth it in the end.
When i was learning this stuff there was no internet and i couldnt find a book so for me it was a case of trial and error.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump