The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RME Babyface Pro + Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
RME Babyface Pro + Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is the right place for this post...

I recently changed my setup from an all outside the box setup to an almost all in the box, with a few bits of hardware here and there. So soundcards and audio routing is still a bit new to me...

Ditched my mixer and acquired an RME Babyface Pro as my soundcard (which is absolutely amazing btw), and got a Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic as my ADAT expansion.

Right now I only have 4 inputs I'd like to get in: a Behinger Model D, two Volcas and a Waldorf Streichfett.

Here's my problem: using the first two inputs on the Scarlett with instrument levels on, I get decent signal and everything is fine. But with the remaining inputs without an INST switch, I have to push the gain way up and get a ton of noise and distortion...

My question is: did I buy the wrong piece of gear for my needs or am I doing something wrong?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

How do you clock both units? One has to be master, the other slave. When there are 2 masters, you can get weird stuff like distortion etc. You also have to be sure both units operate at the same sample rate (44.1 / 48 / 96 khz).

Did you buy the Octopre new? If not and you did check the above, maybe try a factory reset?

Otherwise, I'd contact focusrite.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
What about output settings of connected gear?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search