The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
looking for studio training tips!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

looking for studio training tips!

Hi Everybody! It's Concept

I'm 22, i have a Sae Diploma and i've assisted a professional studio for 1 year.

Recently i started working with an important radio station as the do-everything-is-needed guy.

Actually i've done everything quite right (from tv control room operator to building worker, and also night watcher sometimes ) and the radio offered me a job as resident sound engineer in a nice recording studio.

That's quite cool! I'm all alone now with SSL Matrix 2, Tubetech, 1176, 1178, 480L, and a lot of analog gear and classic processors, and I will for the rest of the summer.

What would you advice me to do as training, now that i have no engineers to piss off with my dumb questions and i'm all alone?

I'm quite good with tracking on Pro Tools and i know some mixing. Mastering is not completely a mystery for me .

I know for certain that i need to improve my production skills because the studio is in partnership with a music academy so i'll produce a lot of soundalike songs for rich girls.

I surely need to study some legal stuff, 'cause radio people = mafia people

You are pleased to share in this thread your sound engineer training work-out.

Thanks a lot for the attention!

Cheeers, Concept
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept B. View Post
Hi Everybody! It's Concept

I'm 22, i have a Sae Diploma and i've assisted a professional studio for 1 year.

Recently i started working with an important radio station as the do-everything-is-needed guy.

Actually i've done everything quite right (from tv control room operator to building worker, and also night watcher sometimes ) and the radio offered me a job as resident sound engineer in a nice recording studio.

That's quite cool! I'm all alone now with SSL Matrix 2, Tubetech, 1176, 1178, 480L, and a lot of analog gear and classic processors, and I will for the rest of the summer.

What would you advice me to do as training, now that i have no engineers to piss off with my dumb questions and i'm all alone?

I'm quite good with tracking on Pro Tools and i know some mixing. Mastering is not completely a mystery for me .

I know for certain that i need to improve my production skills because the studio is in partnership with a music academy so i'll produce a lot of soundalike songs for rich girls.

I surely need to study some legal stuff, 'cause radio people = mafia people

You are pleased to share in this thread your sound engineer training work-out.

Thanks a lot for the attention!

Cheeers, Concept
Cool, jealous! Good work.

Just make some music as best you can, using the tools available? Work in the genres you think will be of most use/ interest to you, make sure to reference your work to other similar commercial releases. I'd say 'study' but i'm not sure what you already learned with a diploma of some sort

Then review it (ie. listen to what you made) and make it better. For anything specific, search the internet and try things out, watch youtube tutorials, discard the things that don't work for you, and retain that which does

Then start again... and again... and again

Repeat, learn from your mistakes and make it better

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search