The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best 2019 EQ for cloning/copying a curve/freq/spectrum?
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Best 2019 EQ for cloning/copying a curve/freq/spectrum?

I searched and couldnt find anything, much less recent.. with so many new eq's out in 2019, whats the current best iyo for copying a master eq curve of one song and applying it to another song?

reason for this is I have an ep I am working on, same synths and drum machines, same vocalist, different vibes though.. so I want to try to capture the master eq curve of the first song that is already finished in hopes of gaining some consistency through all songs on the release. Its an experiment more than anything.. but if it works or even just gets me a close starting point, thatd be great!
Old 5 days ago
abi
Here for the gear

Maybe you should try Newfangled EQuivocate.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

interesting.. dont recall hearing about this one. will check it out. thanks for the tip! I should also mention that I already have the TDR stuff, was just looking to see if anything new specifically designed for this purpose has come out recently and missed my radar (what with all of the recent "ai" buzz) - which clearly some have!
Old 4 days ago
Still love Voxengo CurveEQ for this type of thing...
Old 4 days ago
CurveEQ is great for this, but I'll vouch for Ozone because you can decide how much of the matching you want to apply. Going further than 30% rarely sounds good.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks guys. I will be trying some of these out over the weekend.

Yeah, CurveEQ is good, but as I recall, I used it once many years ago for this, there were A LOT of steps involved and it was all kind of confusing to me at the time. Ozone, I am not up to date with, but will read up on this - which specific plugin or module is it?

obviously, sound quality is the most important factor, but a quick and easy 1-2-3 step sort of process would be ideal.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
Thanks guys. I will be trying some of these out over the weekend.

Yeah, CurveEQ is good, but as I recall, I used it once many years ago for this, there were A LOT of steps involved and it was all kind of confusing to me at the time. Ozone, I am not up to date with, but will read up on this - which specific plugin or module is it?

obviously, sound quality is the most important factor, but a quick and easy 1-2-3 step sort of process would be ideal.
It's pretty easy to do with Curve EQ, as it is with Ozone. It's their regular EQ module which has the matching function. But I'm pretty sure the modules are not sold separately. Every matching EQ basically has the same 1-2-3 step procedure. Play your reference and capture it. Play your track and capture. Hit match. Done. In Curve EQ you have to make sure you select avg mode or at least rt avg for best results. The great advantage in Ozone is you can apply as much of the correction as you want. I found it rarely sounds good to apply a reference curve 100%. In Curve EQ you would have to manually pull the EQ points back. FabFilter ProQ also has an excellent matching function.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search