The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Question about ideal potential setup [Korg Volca]
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Question about ideal potential setup [Korg Volca]

Hi. Discovered this forum while surfing around the web. Thought it would be a good place to get some help.

A friend of mine picked up the Volca Keys and Volca bass, and I'm quite intrigued by them. Thinking about picking them up, and possibly a volca beats, just to kinda have some fun, mess around, and see what I can create....but I'm not sure what the best way to set them all up would be.

I've been a DJ for almost 20 years, and I dabbled a bit in music production before...but never had any hardware. I produce radio commercials for a living, so I'm pretty well versed in DAWs (I use ProTools at work, and have some experience with Ableton and Logic)

So here's what I currently have available to me:

-Mac Mini (not an idea production computer, I know...but I packed it pretty full of upgrades when I bought it, so it's reasonably powerful)
-Pioneer DJM-2000 (likely not going to come into play here, but maybe it has some audio production qualities I'm unaware of)
-Traktor Audio 8 (old traktor hardware, but perhaps it could come in handy)

Are there any interfaces I might need to help with the setup of said gear? Would it make sense for me to run these as midi instruments? These are the kinds of questions I have.

Any help would be appreciated...and thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search