The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help with rounding and reshaping transients and waveforms with audio suite.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Help with rounding and reshaping transients and waveforms with audio suite.

I have here two photos of my waveform and a wave form I am trying to get my cycles like. As it is my reference.

I need someone to tell me what plugin I can use in audio suite to then zoom in and highlight the cycles on the waveform and round it off so they can look more rounded like my reference. I need to know good processes for bending and re shaping transients and parts of the waveform using audio suite. sometimes clip gain doesn't let me draw enough points in.

Please let me know if you can help.
Attached Thumbnails
Help with rounding and reshaping transients and waveforms with audio suite.-121.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The top waveform is a vocal.

It is kanye west's vocal from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmpfM_CJP8

It literally looks identical to a sine wave. How are they getting a vocal to look like a sine wave?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

the bottom one is me sinnging into my 1073. I printed the autotune and sung the same thing as him. So what I am looking at is not only Formant alignment from his autotune. They are doing something to his vocal.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think you’re in the wrong forum here..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitymusic View Post
I think you’re in the wrong forum here..
where would the right forum be?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

no one knows?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classifiedx View Post
I have here two photos of my waveform and a wave form I am trying to get my cycles like. As it is my reference.

I need someone to tell me what plugin I can use in audio suite to then zoom in and highlight the cycles on the waveform and round it off so they can look more rounded like my reference. I need to know good processes for bending and re shaping transients and parts of the waveform using audio suite. sometimes clip gain doesn't let me draw enough points in.

Please let me know if you can help.
What is it that you're trying to do, try re-explaining? Start there and maybe someone can help
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

The top waveform is close to being what is called a perfect sine wave. you can "Only" get that kind of waveform from something typically electronic like a keyboard that produces a sine wave with practically no overtones.

A voice, a string, reed, horn, etc is NOT going to produce a pure sine wave and by you thinking it should be that way reveals as significant issue with your understanding of music and the kinds or waveforms created by different sources. You have to understand everything doesn't fit neatly into a box and that box is where great sound resides. Its typically the complete opposite of what you seem to be wanting to do here, but we are short on facts and what you're trying to do here. "Maybe" if you were trying to get the voice to trigger something like a an harmonizer, a purer sine wave makes it easier to get a lock, but knowing first hand just how much a voice can change between one note and one word and the next I's have a hard time buying even that.

Its not all that hard to do what you're asking. What you have at the moment is an asymmetrical waveform. If its created by the voice its north going wave is shorter then the south going wave. You could first try a DC removal tool in case you have AC riding on DC making it uneven. The second way is to copy the track, reverse the polarity, then shift it a half cycle so the bottom wave is aligned on the top and the top is aligned on the bottom. Then you can simply bounce the tracks into one. This will make all but a half cycle identical and the 1/2 cycle will likely be completely unnoticeable.

You could try other things but I really cant think of any that will do a better job at making both halves of the cycle symmetrical. As far as making them perfectly round? Its not going to continue being a voice if you do that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search