The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Compressor Tube Swap Newb Question
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Compressor Tube Swap Newb Question

Hello,

Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this dumb question but here it goes.
So I have a Bellari RP-583 Stereo Tube Compressor / Limiter. I've got a few old RCA, GE, and WEBCO tubes pulled from old electronics. I thought it would be fun to swap out the stock tubes with a couple of old ones (they all work.)

My question is, do the tubes have to match? Like if I use one RCA and one WEBCO. How important are matching tubes when it comes to a compressor like this?

Also, if anyone has any experience with this unit who knows any helpful tips, that would be really appreciated. I know its not a high end compressor.

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Nobody?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth House Guest View Post
My question is, do the tubes have to match? Like if I use one RCA and one WEBCO. How important are matching tubes when it comes to a compressor like this?
Well, with a stereo device it would seem important to me that both channels match.
But will depend on how you are using it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search