The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mixer and tascam 2x2
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Mixer and tascam 2x2

Heeey so i have an old early 2000s Eurorack UB2442FX Pro mixer and a tascam 2x2 audio interface, my DAW is Reaper.

So, evidently I can take two mics and input two mics into the 2x2 channels however, im on a budget and id prefer to use the mixer becaude of the loads of channels it has (12 i believe).

So.. To the problem.. Im running two mics into the mixer, mixer to the 2x2 via XLR, 2x2 to Reaper by USB. Reaper is picking up both mics but its only capturing it like as if its through a single channel.

Ill elaborate a bit further.. I have two mics into two channels if the mixsr but the ofc the mixer is running to one channel on the 2x2. I make two seperate tracks but the tracks are picking up sound from BOTH mics on BOTH tracks. Obv i need one mic to be picked up on one channel and one on the other.

I cant figure out if its that im routing the equipment incorrectly, the mixer is too old in comparison with my interface or its something in the DAW i need to configure. I believe its the third but im not too adept to catch the problem.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Pan one mic left and the other right.
The mixer is "mixing" the signals together to the stereo out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search