The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
WA TB12 with bass
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

WA TB12 with bass

Hello guys i just bought WA TB12 and i am considering to rec my bass using this chain

Bass > hi z input WA TB 12 xlr out > hi z input Avalon U5 line out trs cable > return input of Audient ID 22

Ok is this is a good choice to use the preamp of WA TB12 and from Avalon only as DI and then bypassing Audient's pre ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
If you think it wil make a difference, go for it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

yes thank you! is there anyone else who recording bass with WA TB12?
Old 1 week ago
Im not using any of this gear but there is no real right or wrong way with what you are doing. If you like the sound then roll with it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have the TB and occasionally use it to record bass. I've also used a U5. Both will work and give you a decent bass recording.

But why are you plugging one into the other? Especially going from a balanced line output through an unbalanced, Hi-Z input on a DI? That makes no sense and I doubt it will do anything pleasant to your signal.

Why not try one or the other?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Try the DI input of the iD22 to.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammiedodger666 View Post
I have the TB and occasionally use it to record bass. I've also used a U5. Both will work and give you a decent bass recording.

But why are you plugging one into the other? Especially going from a balanced line output through an unbalanced, Hi-Z input on a DI? That makes no sense and I doubt it will do anything pleasant to your signal.

Why not try one or the other?
Ok how can i use warm audio as a preamp and then avalon as a di? I have it that way in my mind..maybe i am wrong so i am here to learn
I really want to combine them in a chain if it is possible and i want to ask here what is the best way to do it? Maybe it is useless like you said but let's take more opinions about this! thank you very much for your answer !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Plug in your bass to the U5 first, use the loop out into Tone Beast. Now you have Line level balanced out from each unit. I own both and tend to like the U5 best with my Lakland 55-94 Deluxe.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariosound View Post
Plug in your bass to the U5 first, use the loop out into Tone Beast. Now you have Line level balanced out from each unit. I own both and tend to like the U5 best with my Lakland 55-94 Deluxe.

When you say loop out you mean thru out? or line out?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

The "Thru Out". This is very basic audio engineering Villis. Please do more research.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariosound View Post
The "Thru Out". This is very basic audio engineering Villis. Please do more research.
english is not my birth language so i dont undestand everything but i know what do you mean! so if i go thru avalon u say i can use avalon and tb12 together mixing the 2 signals?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by villis View Post
english is not my birth language so i dont undestand everything but i know what do you mean! so if i go thru avalon u say i can use avalon and tb12 together mixing the 2 signals?
What he is saying is plug the bass into the input of the u5. Use the thru out of the u5 to feed the instrument input of the front of the tb12.

I would also suggest using the balanced mic ouput on the back of the u5 instead of the thru output and feed the mic input of the tb12.

Either one will work and one could sound different from the other so just pick which everone works the best.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Ok that is great info thank you headless dino

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search