The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New gear day - Soundcraft ui24r
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

New gear day - Soundcraft ui24r

I was visiting my local pawn shops and I have been looking to upgrade my Apollo twin , or add to the appolo twin more channels using ADAT , I came across a Soundcraft Ui24R 24-channel Rackmount Digital Mixer + furman power conditioner + gator molded rack road case , I bough all for 570.00 + tax + 32.00 15 days warranty , I will picking it up tomorrow, I am curious if there will be noticeable quality or delay compared to the appolo , sense the Soundcraft uses usb and the appolo uses thunderbolt?
But anyway I think got a good deal .
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I am curious if there will be noticeable quality or delay compared to the appolo , sense the Soundcraft uses usb and the appolo uses thunderbolt?
Thunderbolt is better than USB. But lets say the difference is 5ms to 7ms (2msecs) you will not notice it.. The drivers for each can behave differently in each PC they are installed on.

As far as sound quality, that is determined by your personnel preferences. You can have the same sound recorded on either one and no one could tell the difference which was what.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search