The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Need advice...Making my first production studio
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Need advice...Making my first production studio

I'm new to the forum and production. Would like to invest US$20000 max for a production room. What should I get in designing the room? Like if how should I put my bass traps and what wall materials should be used?

The room size is 6.7meter x 4 meter.

Thanks all for the help!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Go to the Studio Building / Acoustics Forum here at Gearslutz. I would suggest: don't even post right away, because IMO, your question as it stands is too broad and too vague.

Instead read the "stickys" at the top of the forum, first. This is a gold mine of information that relates directly to your main questions about treatments and room design. It may not answer 'everything' but it will help you to formulate follow-up questions that are more specific to your exact personal situation. It probably contains answers to questions you have not even though yet to ask. .

Typically the GS response to a too-broad question is: "do a search!" but in this case it's even easier, because all the basic info has been collected for you in those stickies.

Not that that should stop you from doing searches. There are no doubt many threads from people with needs very similar to yours that have already been discussed.

Then you have to think about your personal needs. Will you need a live area for band performances? Are you tracking vocals? Drums? Whole bands? Do you want to subdivide your space, or have a "one room studio" approach? Or are you just working alone with keyboards and drum machines? Will you be mixing in your space or just recording? All of these things would affect the recommendations you get.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search