The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Question about Scheps parallel compression bus-es
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Question Question about Scheps parallel compression bus-es

I understand he uses them on individual tracks

and then on the rear-bus sans bass and drums

but he mentioned multiple group parallel buses, which I'm curious as to what groups these are and how they're being mixed into the rest of the song
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Any group you wish and output to stereo out bus.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

You can find them listed in a lot of the write-ups/interviews if you keep poking around. Off the top of my head, drums get the most parallel comp groups - drum crush, drums dirt, kick/snare crush are main ones I recall. I think he also has separate drum ones for Fatso and Devil-loc.

He also has at least one specific vocal comp parallel set up, the one with Pultecs on either side of a comp (I think).

His other main groups - guitars, percussion, etc, probably all have a parallel bus comp in his template, but the ones above are the ones I remember him using the most in videos etc. And for that matter - keep in mind that he always says these are just there if he needs them, but he doesn't always. And in the case of all those drum ones, they're all in the template so he can try out different sounds quickly.
Old 1 week ago
Basically what Smithburg said. Don't know if they offer a test period but PureMix has a video series where he goes through his template, you can even download it.

These days he usually goes with all his drum parallels, his parallel vocal chain and sends all other instruments just to the rear buss.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Or you could just buy his Waves plugin... Parallel I think it’s called lol
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Yes his Puremix videos are excellent, the template one plus also the ones where he goes through mixes he's done. Also OP please note, he usually has bass in the rear bus. Usually he just excludes the drums, or keeps them low in it, to minimize pumping. And sometimes the shells will be in it to pump a little but no overheads, to keep the cymbals from ducking audibly on hits.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search