The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Headphone help please
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Headphone help please

Hi. I wondered if someone could help me? I’ve purchased some Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones (250 ohms). Will my Beringher Xenyx X1222 USB mixer be strong enough to power them? Hope someone can help? Many thanks. Seek
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerTron View Post
Hi. I wondered if someone could help me? I’ve purchased some Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones (250 ohms). Will my Beringher Xenyx X1222 USB mixer be strong enough to power them? Hope someone can help? Many thanks. Seek
If you purchased them, why don't you plug them in and see for yourself if the mixer has enough power?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Wow you’re warm and friendly lol. They haven’t arrived yet
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Well you have not met me yet . He actually is warm and fuzzy, unlike me

It says in the mixers PDF file you cna get online that the max output level for the headphone output is 150 ohms (+ or -25dbm) and your headphones are 250 ohms.
The lower the headphone ohms are, the less power it needs to function properly.

So if your phones are 250 ohms and the headphone max output is 150 ohms, you need more power for your headphones to function properly.
I would get a headphone amp that has enough max output or return them and get lower ohm cans
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
They are on their way? They are in the mail? Well when they do arrive, you will know for sure. Whatever people say in the thread, it is probably too late to "not order" them.

And it's probably way too early to order an expensive dedicated headphone amp - even if you got a full unanimous set of replies saying it won't work. Any way you slice it, what happens when you unbox them, plug them in and turn them up will make every post in this thread moot.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ok so the headphones have come and I seem to be getting plenty of volume. Forgive me, I’m new to this.....does this mean all’s good? Or will I not be getting full range if mixer headphone output is 150 ohms and headphones are 250ohms. Like I say.... they sound loud enough and sound clear
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You do not need to worry. If you have plenty of volume all is fine. I have used my 250ohm DT 880s on a Xenyx 1204 with no problems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search