The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Which powered USB hub to connect Macbook Pro & microphone 48 phantom power
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just bought two new microphones to try out, but neither of them work. My old mic that doesnt need phantom power works. So I believe the non-powered usb hub I have doesnt have enough power to power the 48 phantom power needed for the new microphones.

I googled and it says I need a powered-usb-hub. But I also found that one powered-usb-hub was wired wrong and killed 3 macbook pros before the person realised it was the powered-usb killing them.

So I need a safe recommendation for a good quality powered-usb-hub that definitely wont kill my macbook pro but will power my new mics.

Help?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
I would connect the microphone into your audio interfaces mic pre-amp and enable the phantom power. That is how its done.
Quote:
I googled and it says I need a powered-usb-hub.
I guess you bought USB mics. If i was you, i would return both of them and get a regular mic and a nice little audio interface. You would be surprised at the ease and quality you will get.
Quote:
I googled and it says I need a powered-usb-hub
I would read the MIc's PDF, as google inst always correct. Read the manufactures PDF of that mic and what ever it says you need, you need!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search