The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Noise when recording but only when not playing
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My setup is: Synth Hooked up to mixer and from there main out XLR to XLR input of Zoom H4n handy recorder.

It sounds actually pretty darn good when im playing stuff from the synth but as soon as there is nothing playing there comes quite a bit of white noise. What the heck is causing this? Anyone else run into this?

In a way it's not a problem since there is NO noise when the synth is playing but when all sounds are stopped the noise sets in.

What gives? Any synth heads run into this?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

mess with the compression settings
possibly too long of a release..
Could be a number of things
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
My setup is: Synth Hooked up to mixer and from there main out XLR to XLR input of ZOOM H4N handy recorder.
You just need to troubleshoot it, as noise can be caused form 100 different things. so take out and /or replace everything in your signal chain, including software effects.

The first thing i would do is remove your mixer out of the equation and see if the noise persist. If not, proceed to remove or replace everything else, one thing at a time

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search