The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Yamaha PSR-S670 and Reaper DAW
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yamaha PSR-S670 and Reaper DAW

Hi guys, total newbie here!

I am trying to setup a simple, affordable and long term music production pipeline but without MIDI keyboards so I would like to buy Yamaha PSR-S670 for my keyboard and music learning but I would also like to use it latter as master keyboard for music production on my PC (simple games and animation music).

Now I wonder....

Yamaha PSR-S670 is filled with 416 Voice + 34 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices. Can I use them in my completely empty DAW (Cockos Reaper) or I have to buy virtual instruments plugins for Reaper?

Can Reaper edit both audio and midi from my PSR keyboard in the same way as its able to edit vst plugins?

Thanks for help guys!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Yamaha PSR-S670 is filled with 416 Voice + 34 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices. Can I use them in my completely empty DAW (Cockos Reaper) or I have to buy virtual instruments plugins for Reaper?
NO... If it has sounds coming from the synth, you can use them without any virtual instruments in your DAW. If you want to just transmit MIDI form your synth, then you need virtual soft synths to make sounds from the MIDI data.
Quote:
Can Reaper edit both audio and midi from my PSR keyboard in the same way as its able to edit vst plugins?
It can edit anything you record into your DAW
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
NO... If it has sounds coming from the synth, you can use them without any virtual instruments in your DAW. If you want to just transmit MIDI form your synth, then you need virtual soft synths to make sounds from the MIDI data.

It can edit anything you record into your DAW
Thanks for clarification.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search